26 techniques for unleashing your fullest human potential: physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual
Holistic High-Performance techniques for reaching your fullest potential
I have put together a guide with 26 Holistic High-Performance techniques that cross and cover the four dimensions of human potential, those are: physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. It is a set of essential and proven practices / super-habits that have helped individuals, groups and organisations, and it will help as well anyone to enter the path of this methodology to reach our maximum potential, resonance and alignment.
How to impulse the physical dimension of human potential: 9 Holistic High-Performance techniques
Find here some techniques focused on the physical dimension of Holistic High-Performance. The only part that is closely linked and connected to the other three, as all physical impact affects the brain, emotions and our spirit.
- Powerful breathing: Every day, in the morning, taking forceful breaths will connect your body with your mind and spirit. If you want to start, you can take the Wim Hof Method online course, or contact Sven Kimenai (Wim Hof instructor).
- Total or intermittent fasting: The benefits of fasting, which I consider as a physical technique because it has to do with the physical part of food and liquids, has a catalytic power in the whole being, including the organism. One of the most significant advantages is autophagy. I won’t make another recommendation other than having someone specialized in the field like Lou Mateos.
- Tai Chi: I have been practising this discipline for between 10–25 minutes a day, for 150 days in a row. Now I see how physical it can be, and above all what it strengthens emotionally, spiritually and intellectually. The ability to unify your mind and pulsations with each movement helps you reaching Flow states, as well as more excellent knowledge and control of the small changes of your body.
- Qi Gong: I started this practice five days after Tai Chi, the difference, which I find, on day 145, is that you exercise more strength, elasticity, agility and balance. In addition to working in slow motion which places you in the present and makes you stay conscious. I spend 10–20 minutes a day on this practice.
With these techniques that work the physical dimension of Holistic High Performance, you can be a step ahead, as together with the others shared in each dimension, you can optimize your life to a new level.
12 Holistic High-Performance techniques to train and enhance our intellectual dimension
Little by little I have been designing some Holistic High-Performance techniques, we started with the physical ones. Today we share some of the techniques to train and enhance the intellectual dimension:
- Prepare a series of questions that you can ask yourself in the morning, at noon, and night. Questions that serve as small checkboxes to measure what matters to you. For example, rest time, what I have learned, what gift I haven’t seen yet, what opportunity I have taken advantage of, what thought has dominated me.
- Determine the night before, what is the essential thing that needs to be done the next day. This way, when you wake up and get to work, you only have to take a little look, because you have already planned and that will not consume additional resources.
- Write down instead of memorizing: The less I learn irrelevant things, and the more I write them down, the more creative and disruptive space, I have to operate clearly.
- Create a system of metrics that you can measure on a checklist when you wake up, in the middle of the day and when you go to sleep. They can be the questions seen above, they can be the factors that determine whether you are on the right track or not, and to be able to correct if not.
- The right music is always a useful tool, here are two playlists that I have been developing and could help you, one is for focus, the other for unplugging.
- Practice psychological detachment from work. I mean, when you’re not at work, don’t do anything related to it. The same would apply regarding leisure when you are working.
- Determine your focus areas and your attention span (through experiencing and monitoring time and concentration). This will allow you to know your limitations to be able to do the best job at the best time knowing for how long to do it.
- Regulate, or even better, put on a diet the information you consume on a daily basis. Be drastically restrictive with everything that comes in and what you consume. It happens because the less you consume, the easier it is to digest it and the more you can take advantage of that with what you “feed” yourself.
Training and enhancing the intellectual dimension of Holistic High Performance is just as necessary as the other three (physical, spiritual and emotional).
The key is to find a daily balance between them, and give equal importance to them all, even if you think that one is more critical than another, it is not, especially if you want to move on an incredibly different level.
15 Holistic High-Performance techniques to train and cultivate our emotional dimension
In this part, you are going to find some Holistic High-Performance techniques for working on the emotional dimension (which also feeds back to the spiritual and intellectual dimensions):
- Radical acceptance: Accept 5 things every day that when you reflect on them that you don’t accept.
- Surrender to the experience: Write or verbalize “yes” to painful, unfair, frustrating and negative experiences that you lived through the last day.
- Observe yourself in front of a mirror, staring at yourself for more than 4 min.
- “Who are you?”: Describe (for yourself) who you are, every day, in terms of skills, traits, feelings and experiences.
- The story in my head: Write about the (unreal) story in your head when you wake up and then, just before going to sleep. “What is the repetitive and surreal story I’m telling myself?”
- Establish a system of rewards and punishments: The first must be much more than the second, at least x3.
- Create a moment of daily vulnerability: Open up to someone who is having a hard time opening up.
- Recall painful moments from time to time (monthly) and narrate (write) the full story. Then ask yourself awkward questions.
- Every morning write out the story that you are going to live in a mini-script that you either verbalize or write.
- Enable spaces for forceful conversations.
- Aim to face the most painful emotion of the day: Not by running away, but doing the opposite of what it says.
- Undertake random acts of generosity and appreciation left to right (for yourself and others), through whatever channel.
- Eliminate all harmful and toxic people from your life — no matter who they are.
- Write on your wall: “If I keep breathing, then everything works.”
- Respond “great” to any opinion, fact, attack or compliment.
Working on the emotional dimension every day is critical. This dimension is what optimises the other three: intellectual, physical and spiritual.
10 Holistic High-Performance techniques to train and cultivate our spiritual dimension
How to train, strengthen, widen, exalt and care for our spiritual dimension:
- Meditation: It is after 20 minutes (and daily) when something begins to move — just as our brain begins to react. Optimal for beginners: 20 min morning and night. And 30 min for intermediate sailors.
- Stillness: 5 min of total stillness 3/5 times a day is more than enough to connect, see, lift.
- Identify your value system and lower it to how you live: Behaviours, decisions, actions and reactions.
- Silence: Not silence when you are alone, but when you are surrounded by people. The more you practice it, the more power you will find in this technique.
- Loneliness: Spend time by yourself — at least 2h a week (in a row).
- Write for your soul, not your mind or emotions. Don’t think or feel when writing.
- Ask yourself questions: Check how you feel inside, push emotions and thoughts aside. For example: What is really moving me? Or what is inside me?
The next step is for you, to explore and design the Holistic High-Performance techniques and “hacks” that best work for you on the 4 dimensions.
By the way, if when you finish reading this, you think “how much time do I have to invest in writing and doing all of this?”:
- Point one, save yourself the question.
- Point two (in case after the recommendation, you insist with the question) here you have the answer: “What do you think?”
P.S. Does this resonate with you? Are you interested in implementing more Holistic High-Performance techniques? If so, and you want to know (and even participate) before anyone else when the project and programs come to light, just contact me here and write in the subject “I want to be part of the ARH program”.
Make this story rock only if you find it worth it! Please, clap if you did find any value.
Isra Garcia = 56 clients, 51businesses advised, 410speakings, 3.915 posts, 28 projects, 8 books, 420lectures, 6 companies, 19 adventures, 31experiments, ∞ failures. So far…
Call to action >> Subscribe here for more articles like this one!
[Originally published at https://isragarcia.com]