In 2019 I heard this interview from Kamal on the James Altucher podcast, I found it interesting and provocative. I did not know him until then. One day Jock Gordon, a mutual friend, offered me the opportunity to interview him. However, we were unable to continue because Kamal nearly lost his life in an accident.
“Discipline comes from what you decide“
Kamal Ravikant has lived and meditated with monks in the Himalayas, where he has also gone up to the highest camp. He has served in the United States Army infantry, travelled the Camino de Santiago, as well as being a co-founder and venture capitalist at various companies in Silicon Valley. A professional nomad lived who has worked with some of the icons of global entrepreneurship. Even as he highlights, he has accompanied patients in their final moments.
“Stories change lives“
On the other hand, Kamal has written three Best Sellers and has been the only male member of the Black Women group of writers.
“Hemingway was my teacher“
“Sometimes you have to climb a mountain to see the sun from high above“
Disrupt Everything # 130 — Kamal Ravikant
“If we pause we will have control over our mind“
So here’s a new podcast, this time with a fun, entertaining and compelling interview with Kamal Ravikant. We talked for almost 1:20h about self-love, curiosity, taking risks, life and death, forgiveness, personal development, the craft of writing, undertaking, mastering the mind, creating change and inner flourishing.
“What can I do that can make me better?“ — Kamal Ravikant.
Listen here >>> Kamal Ravikant: love yourself like your life depends on it — Disrupt Everything podcast.
Index of contents
- 3 moments that marked Kamal Ravikant’s life.
- Life-lessons as a soldier in the army.
- Learnings and observations on backpacking, setting up companies and writing.
- Mastering the craft.
- The art of pilgrimage and most impactful experiences.
- Unforgettable memories of the Himalayas.
- The untrained monkey and how to train the mind.
- Why your life depends on loving yourself.
- Discoveries in unconditional love — and as a couple.
- Live your truth.
- The path to a eudaimonic life.
- The best lessons as a writer.
- Great learning as an entrepreneur.
- How to follow the exciting part of our hearts.
- The toughest challenge and how to overcome it.
- Follies, dangers and risks.
- And death comes.
- Rapid-fire questions.
“The only thing that changes you is love” — Kamal Ravikant.
Resources and interview notes:
“The best investment is in a human being“
Listen, download, subscribe
Listen and subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Ivoox, Castbox FM, Player FM or RSS. You can even access the video channel and view the web series… Also, you can listen to the podcast here.
You can also listen directly from the Disrupt Everything podcast series homepage.
[Originally published at https://isragarcia.com]