Many people now is reading this from home, many busy and many not so much. Be that as it may, there is another great opportunity for many, practising self-discipline and using this chaotic times to train it and ben strengthened with its superpowers.
How to train and improve your self-discipline from home?
I have designed a small Ultraproductivity system, especially for you:
- Meditate for 15 minutes upon waking.
- Cold shower for 2–3 minutes.
- Read a book for 10–15 minutes.
- Write about the reaction that you read or what is in your head caused you, and do it for 10 minutes.
- Do 30 minutes of sports in the first hours of the day: it can be HIIT, Yoga, cycling (on a roller), running on a treadmill.
- Add 10 minutes of stretching and another 10 minutes of relaxation.
- Dedicate 25 minutes a day to learning something new (shared by Juan Merodio as a challenge in the workshop #11 of ‘Imparables’)
- Take action on three different professional things for 90 minutes. And three other personal items for 60 minutes.
- Talk to your partner, taking an interest in her for 30 minutes, ask and listen. If you are single, do it with yourself or call someone you appreciate and love.
- Repeat the same process with your children, and add playing for 30 more minutes.
- Dedicate yourself to being on stillness for 10 minutes a day, just once.
- Set aside 20–30 minutes to entertain yourself with enriching content.
- Undertake random acts of generosity, appreciation, and gratitude for 10–15 minutes.
- All this adds up to 6:15h a day. You still have 8 hours to sleep, 8 hours to work, and an extra 1:45 hours for your joy.
The secret of self-discipline: repetition without resting
The key to this system is not to respect the times, although that would give much more power to your self-discipline. Nor is it that you follow all the techniques or practices that I list above. No, the key is to repeat this system (or the one you create for you) for 40–50 days without stopping for a single day. I assure you that you will see a version of yourself, not only self-disciplined and powerful but with many more attributes that I am not going to discover you.
Now you no longer have excuses, or where to hide, because how to train and improve self-discipline is something that is within your reach whenever you want it to be.